Payment Incentive ProgramThe program encourages noncustodial parents (NCP) to make consistent child support payments by:
- Reducing state-owed arrears by half if the NCP makes full child support payments for a year.
- Eliminating the balance owed if the (NCP) makes full child support payments for two years.
Credit will be given for uninterrupted court ordered payments made immediately prior to participation in the program.
Consideration will be given for periods of unemployment due to seasonal work and no-fault termination.
Note: Any arrears owed to the family will not be reduced.
- Applicant has a Maryland court order and there is an arrears balance owed to the State because the custodial parent received public assistance.
- Applicant’s gross income is less than 225 percent of the federal poverty level. The number of household members is considered.
- Applicant has not been terminated from this program three(3) times.