Temporary Cash Assistance
Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Maryland’s Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program, provides cash assistance to families with dependent children when available resources do not fully address the family’s needs and while preparing program participants for independence through work.
- Family must cooperate with child support
- Participate in work activities
- Comply with substance abuse provisions
- Must meet financial and technical eligibility requirements
- Earned and unearned income cannot exceed the benefit level paid for the assistance unit size