Bureau of Special Grants
The Department of Human Resources pursues opportunities to protect vulnerable children and adults and improve the quality of their lives by assisting and creating resources for those in economic need. The Bureau of Special Grants (BSG), under the Family Investment Administration, contracts with emergency food providers throughout the State to distribute funds and commodities to meet the needs of hungry Marylanders.
- Programmatic and fiscal guidelines for funding
- Policy oversight
- Tracking and monitoring of deliverables for contract compliance
- Technical assistance to BSG programs in all 24 jurisdictions
Funding through the Bureau of Special Grants supports over 1100 local programs including food banks, food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters.
- TEFAP – The Emergency Food Assistance Program
- MEFP – Maryland Emergency Food Assistance Program
- SNAEP – Statewide Nutrition Assistance Equipment Program